Tuesday, July 8, 2008

sticks, stones, words and bones

She keeps her head above the water,
wades in on tippy toes
clenching the sand firmly between them.
She clings to algae and mangroves,
Wraps her legs around a buoy

_'why won’t you let go darling,
It’s safe over here.
Let go of that branch,
no need for fear’_

She squeezes her eyes shut,
shakes her tresses.
She won’t,
she can’t.
Not again,
not here.

He picks her up,
swirls her around,
lays his lies in her hands
lets them mingle in the sands.

_‘Say it, bitch!
You know you’re close
It’ll be so much grander,
if you brush away those woes’_

He rattles her lose,
shakes her,
breaks her

_O.K._
she thinks
_O.K. Here I go._

_I love you,
you knew
I love you,
I really do_

_Aah
There you go hun,
that was great for me,
made me come,
real hard,
made the fuck so hot,
Don’t you see?_

He wipes his face
from his feast,
just another beast.
He lets her fall,
sees her drown
and doesn’t even turn back
to watch the last bubble burst

No comments: